Inland Marine Insurance

Property insurance protects your buildings, the contents within those buildings and your business’s income if it’s shut down due to a claim.

But if your business assets are damaged or stolen off-premises, your property insurance coverage wouldn’t apply. That’s where inland marine insurance comes in.

Inland marine insurance covers products, materials and equipment when transported over land – by truck or train, for example — or while temporarily warehoused by a third party. Collisions and cargo theft are the two most frequent causes of inland marine losses.

You should consider inland marine insurance if you:

  • Frequently ship property by land
  • Occasionally ship high-value property
  • Have assets that move between business locations
  • Have property stored at third-party owned locations
  • Have property in a commercial vehicle that is constantly in motion (a repair company, for example)

An inland marine policy can protect your high-value assets that move from location to location, including: computers, communications and networking equipment, construction and contracting equipment, medical and scientific equipment and photography equipment.

There are many types of specialized coverages that may be included in an inland marine policy. Let the experts at Fox Agencies guide you in selecting the coverage that is best for your business. Contact us to learn more.